DIGI ONE SINGLE PORT (RFC2217 TELNET SERVER)
INSTALLATION GUIDE IN
WINDOWS 9x, NT and 2000
1. Connect the Digi One Single Port by plugging it into the local LAN and
connecting the Power Supply.
2. The Windows machine you will be setting this up from must be connected
on the same network as the Digi One Single Port.
- Insert the CD-Rom (it should auto-run).
- This will bring up the installation program and detect the
operating system (see Figure 1).
- You will need to install the DGRARP Protocol first.
- Your operating system should show up in the Operating System
- Select your Hardware type from the Hardware drop down
box. In this case you would select the Digi One Single Port.
- Select DGRARP from the Software drop down box.
- Click Install Software (see Figure 2).
- You will now get a pop up screen (see Figure 3). This
is for Windows 9x, but it will be similar in Windows NT, 2000 and XP as
9. Select the Run Control Panel and
follow the instructions in the pop up screen for adding DGRARP to your protocol
When it asks you
where the INF is located you can issue a CTRL+V to paste in the INF file path
(that is also shown on the pop up
screen for your
10. When you are done, click Close.
11. Reboot your system.
12. The DGRARP Protocol should now be installed on your
13. To install the Administrator software run the CD
installation again, except select Digi Administrator from the Software drop down
(see Figure 4).
14. Click Install Software.
15. You can use all of the defaults UNTIL you
get to the following screen (see Figure 5).
16. If this is the first installation, you will need to
pick the second installation set: Install Digi Administrator, DGrarp and
This will install
the RARP Service to send IP Addresses to the Digi One Single Port. All
other installations can use the first installation set.
17. Click Install.
18. When it prompts you to reboot, you will want
to choose the option to Reboot Now.
19. After rebooting start the Digi Administrator by
going to Start, Programs, Digi Administrator and select Digi Administrator.
20. When Digi Administrator comes up, go to Admin, RARP
Server and click Start (see Figure 6).
21. After the service is started go back to Admin, RARP
Server and click View. Here you will see a list of all Digi One Single
Ports that can
be seen (see Figure 7) .
22. Click on the no IP addr.
field and enter a valid IP Address and press Enter.
NOTE: You will
need to press enter so the IP Address gets served to the Digi One Single
At this point the unit is
ready to use with RemoteCOM.
23. To configure RemoteCOM, go to RemoteCOM, Add, and select
New Com port.
24. A list of available com ports will be displayed.
Select a com port (i.e. com3).
25. In the configuration screen enter the IP Address of the
Digi One Single Port (see Figure 8). Click OK.
26. Now click on the RemoteCOM
Service button to open it up. You will need to Stop and Start the Service
to make the
com port available
to your application. This will activate the com port (see Figure 9).
Now go to RemoteCOM and select
check the status of the port. You can now go into Hyperterminal to test
the com port (see Hyperterminal
When you connect to
the port, the status should change to Status: Connected.